View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 05:37 AM   #10
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Be aware that the SLR is actually set in the publishing process (i.e., AFTER you click on Publish & Continue), that Amazon is constantly tinkering with this, and that nobody to my knowledge has succeeded in beating the Kindle SLR into submission. Look Inside happily opens at the cover and proceeds through every preliminary, just as a book should open. The downloaded book can and has opened in many places. The default is supposed to be the first text chapter, skipping over everything that is prologue. For years, it seemed, every book open in the MIDDLE of the table of contents.

I set the "text" semantic as close to the beginning as I can get it (usually the title page) and trust that it will work as planned on the Nook and other epub readers. As for the Kindle, I figure it doesn't really matter and is not worth the grief to try to outguess the system, which is always changing anyhow.

I'm glad however to see the question asked here as well as on the KDP support forum. MobileRead is a very valuable resource.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote