View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
I have used programs from the post below, to do just that on my Kindle 3. You might need to modify them for the different Kindle Touch frame buffer:
That thread is were I first learned how to use the framebuffer. The conversion programs provided at that link would need to be modified to support the different display bits-per-pixel, and the extra margin to the right and below the framebuffer image.

What I need is to figure out what "hot keys" (or Touchscreen variant of that) saves a screen snapshot. Google does not help much here due to "Touch" being such a generic word. And don't get me started about mostly-useless mobileread search function (unless I have not learned how to use it effectively yet).

I remember yifanlu saying somewhere something about touching the screen and holding the button for awhile, but I could not locate that post, and my experiments to rediscover the method did not succeed.

For now, I am going to go back to writing "hacky" code that uses the eips command to provide display capability, until I discover a way that will let me trigger a framebuffer display update after modifying its contents. At least that way, if I need more memory, I can kill the framework and cvm after it launches my native app, giving me more of what I need. My app can restart the framework when it exits.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote