View Single Post
Old 06-24-2023, 11:45 AM   #754
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by readthinksurvive View Post
how can i be able to test a unit? any stores showcase it?

Quoth is correct - stores would've stopped carrying this unit long ago. If there is something specific you'd like to see I'd be more than happy to shoot a short video clip.

I'd see nothing wrong with using the DPT-S1 as a clipboard the way you describe. The only issues I'd foresee have to do with speed:
  • to be able to take multiple pages of notes/sketches at the same speed as paper, you'd be using a multi-paged single pdf document. Creating a new pdf takes several taps, while adding a sheet to an existing pdf is done with a single swipe left from the final page
  • working from the notes you've taken won't be able to match the speed of paper. I don't have this issue with notes because I take them on the unit and process on my laptop, but the DPT-S1 doesn't move fast enough for me to use it as a manager for my references on the fly. For example, if someone asks a group to refer to a specific page of a document, I'll usually be the last one to the page.

Quoth mentions needing special Sony software, but I believe he/she may be thinking about the DPT-RP1. I can confirm that no software is needed to transfer files to/from a DPT-S1. It's just plug and play.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote