View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #16
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Something that comes to mind for me when I hear this discussion - as happens occasionally - is the Winnie the Pooh stories with the pictures, and how they get animated in the movie/tv show. I think that is an incredible way to make the book "come alive". Does that mean that it isn't a book? Obviously not. It can be read without the animation...the animation just makes it better... especially for kids - or kid-minded people like me!

Also, they released a Harry Potter book that had small animations with the images (moving subject in pictures - which, obtw, is now a thing on iPhones with 'live picture'). That also helped to enhance the "magic" and "wonder" of the VERY successful book.

You can argue all day long about whether someone thinks a book can still be called a book if it has animation/sound/video, but, in the end, its just an opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...

My thought is: If the format supports it, and your targeted reader/app supports it, and the developer/author wants it, then go ahead and put it in.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote