View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #72
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by finitelife View Post
I appreciate the whitespace love and the desire to create understandable and maintainable code, I really do.

However I code closed source for a living and writing unmaintainable code simply means job security. Evil, I know.
Well now, some of us also do this for a living.

But getting paid to dig through "old" code (even your own) is a lot different situation than asking (even by implication) someone to invest a lot of their own valuable hobby time digging through "old" code.

In the OpenSource world, at least that part that depends on volunteers, there is a strong tendency to make the "next person's" job easier.
Otherwise, there will rarely be a "next person" -
They will spend their time on something else.

- - - -

O.T:
Personally, I have seen a lot of coding practices come and go in the past 50 years (the Avatar is a self - photo).
And I like what I see the "OpenSource Movement" is doing to the profession.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote