View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid I have to agree that this looks awful.
But the question is, can this be done in ePub, not whether it's a good idea.

I'm all for people trying designs and asking whether it can be done. It helps to show either that the ePub spec is good for a wide variety of ebook design, or that it is not.

Personally, I think it's vastly over complicated for 90% of books. And that the complications don't actually help very much with complex page layout, as HTML/CSS wasn't designed from the point of view of high quality typography/page layout.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote