View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
If you're considering this title, I urge you to check out some of the reviews. Here's the one amazon readers found the most helpful:

From Heidi Sutherlin's review: "For me, a truly great Young Adult novel holds an appeal to all ages, not just the young adult audience that it caters too. Maybe this is unrealistic, but I believe that a successful novel in this genre transports a reader to their own childhood, so that they can experience the novel through the eyes of their younger self along with the characters.

Book One of the Powerless series, The Synthesis, does this beautifully.

There are so many things that impressed me about this story. The imagery is lush and expands along with Mira's perception of her world. The characters are flawed, endearing, infuriating at times and very human. They too become more vivid as Mira learns to understand the complex behaviors of her peers. There is tremendous emotional growth as the group of young people move through their last year of schooling."
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote