View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I just found the Claudia Hershey series on Smashwords, which I'm enjoying. I'm in the middle of book 2. I flit between series and am also working on the Kathleen Mallory books as well as the Amelia Peabody ones. Plus some miscellaneous non-series books. And Baen finally put up the full version of the newest Jon & Lobo book, Children No More, so I need to read that, as I've been waiting for it.

Sorry you asked??

I looked up the Sea of Trolls series, and it looks interesting. I put it into my Kobo library for future purchase.

-Marcy
No, not sorry at all. I'm definitely on the hunt for new good books too, and I'm happy to hear about them wherever I can. I'd never heard of the Kathleen Mallory books, but they look like they could be interesting. A bit different than what I usually read, but you're enjoying them?

I'd say most of what I appreciate about series books is that they chronicle a vast span of time in a character's life. So it's great when you can see some maturity and poise at the end after coming all that way. That's part of what made the Harry Potter series satisfying for me. Even seeing Neville at the end was a great feeling. What draws you to a book series?
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote