View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #1
Siegfried
Siegfried began at the beginning.

Device: SumatraPDF
Smaller Epub is BIGGER in size than my longer one?

Hi,

I've looked for help on this online and can't seem to find something that works.

I've been making comics, and am trying to convert them into fixed-layout Epub formats. I made one a few months ago that's 84 comic pages, and managed to get the Epub to 21mb.

I now just made another one, using my old file as a template, but it's only 64 comic pages. However, for some reason, the Epub file size ends up at 29mb, which is far too large for my liking. I'd like to at least get it around the 20 mark (I feel it really should be smaller than my previous book, as it's shorter).

I've looked at the image sizes; they're approximately the same for both of my books. I've used online compressors, and even tried to "remove details and personal information" in the properties tab, but that made no difference (I assume the compressors did this already).

I looked at both books opened in Sigil, but can't seem to see much difference between them in either the sidebar or the html.

As a result, I really have no idea why the file size for this book is so much bigger than one I made before which is 20 pages longer.

I've attached a screenshot of what this Epub looks like when opened in Sigil. I already tried erasing the (one) style and font it had, which were unused, but the file size didn't change.

My earlier epub's folder containing its pages (in my file browser) is 100 mb, and this new epub's is 59 mb, so I'm having doubts it's because of the image sizes.

Is there some kind of "history" that's created when the ebook is made, as I keep using my earlier ones as templates for newer ones? I use Indesign to make my ebooks.

Thanks for any help in advance. Please let me know if any more details are required. I don't really know how to use Sigil, but have it installed for situations like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SigilScreenshot_Arc2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	185553  
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote