View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 05:35 PM   #19
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Just yesterday I put my NovaPro (bought new in 2019) in the trash. It wouldn't charge (stuck on 14%)... Wondering if I should dig it out of the trash and see if the upgrade might fix the issue.
Sounds like a battery issue to me. In which case the upgrade wouldn't fix it.

Why not open it up to see what size battery it takes? Once you have that information, you can look for an appropriate sized battery on Aliexpress or ebay and then try installing it.

From looking at videos and photos of people who have done that with the Note device, it doesn't seem all that complicated. I did it once before with a cheap tablet whose battery had given up the ghost and will likely be doing the same with my Note Pro over the summer.

If you're not confident about opening the Nova Pro up, you could try taking it to an electronics repair store to see what they would charge you to replace the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I can't get the tts on my Poke2 to work and it's doing wierd things w/the text.

Needless to say I won't be buying a Boox device to replace either of them.
Never had a Poke device, but all my other Boox devices have worked and are continuing to work well. Just the battery on my Note Pro.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote