View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 07:28 AM   #166
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I'm in my 60s, and was diagnosed with short sight at the age of 10 when I couldn't see the blackboard in the classroom at my new school (primary classroom was wide and shallow, secondary was the other way round). I also have astigmatism. I can read on all types of screens, but prefer an e-ink screen for long periods; I find the bigger the screen (up to a point), the easier it is to immerse. (I also have arthritis in my hands, and find repetitive swiping aggravates it.)

For lighting, I prefer a strong ambient light. I can read in direct sunlight, but prefer not to - I was told by my optician in my 20s not to go out in strong sun unless I wore a hat and/or sunglasses as I was complaining about day-time headaches. Apparently, it was the glare of strong sunlight that was triggering them.
maddz is online now   Reply With Quote