View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #376
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's indeed potentially weird as hell (and would potentially move the blame to KUAL itself?).

You can try without gawk on the off-chance you're hitting a weird corner-case?
Well, nothing left to try but to Re-jailbreak.

1) I used all Terminal commands to decompress/extract ("tar -xvf"), remove ("rm -dvR"), and copy ("cp -pvR") all installers and files. This would rule out Keka and other weird corner cases.

2) I ran KUAL without gawk.

3) I reinstalled Python after everything else was installed.

LS (Calibre Plugin) only works through kterm. Print Battery/Device ID need multiple presses to write to the screen, and Backdoor Lock won't clear the screen. Minor things like adding black bars to the cover mode don't work either.

@knc1 noted this is operator error but I haven't hacked anything and have done this numerous times on two different kindles. Never bricked them and understand the workflow well.

It's like this version of KUAL isn't talking to the extensions correctly. Maybe I should try an older version of KUAL on this KOA with 5.8.5
picree is offline   Reply With Quote