View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 06:47 AM   #71
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kso View Post
I suggest Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom, about a "war" that's unfortunately never going to end (I used to be an optimist; I'm now old enough to be a realist).

klaus
Welcome to the book club, klaus!

An interesting suggestion and another direction to take this theme; the world is a sorry and worrisome place these days. Thank you. More book titles are always good, but the poll for the August selection closed a few days ago and picked The Great Halifax Explosion by John U. Bacon which is free for Kindle at Amazon UK. The discussion starts on August 15 and everyone's welcome. Hope you'll join in.

If you can't wait, the July discussion of Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury starts in a few days. It's a shortish book and people don't have to be there at the opening bell.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote