View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #16512
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just wanted to re-post something that I sent to alansplace the other day;

Just wanted to say 'thanks.'
You've always spoken of the Dresden Files so highly, and so a couple of years ago I 'tried' to read 'Storm Front' but couldn't get past the first 50 pages. But you continued to rain praise on the series, so a year later I tried again. Same results and I figured, well, it just wasn't my cup of tea. It happens...

But last week someone gave me an audiobook of 'Storm Front.' I've been walking for exercise, between 5-10km a day, usually listening to music to walk along with. But instead, I loaded up the audio book, and got so engrossed with it that I kept walking, and wound up walking almost 18km! Absolutely delightful story! My feet are killing me, but I can't wait to get back to it on my walk today. I'll certainly try to read the next in the series, but if that doesn't work, I'm sure the audiobook will! Thanks for being so persistent in your recommendation of the series.

Stitchawl
You're quite welcome, enjoy! Wow, that was quite a walk!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote