View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #16508
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Robert A. Heinlein's Juveniles (Scribner) & Patric Rothfuss' The Kingkiller Chronicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
The Name of the Wind was a good book, I really enjoyed it. But for some reason I got distracted and never read the rest of the series. I'll be interested to see what you think. Maybe it will encourage me to dig out the next one from the bottom of my TBR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well you won't have far to dig since at this point in time there are only two books in the series, The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear. The third book, The Doors of Stone has a 2014 expected release date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished Starman Jones. On to a mystery next, I think. Hmmm. Campion? Morse? Phyrne Fisher? Decisions, decisions...
Charlie...when I began reading The Name of the Wind I had just read your post about you currently reading Starman Jones and as I progressed in my reading I began to be reminded of Robert A. Heinlein's Citizen of the Galaxy! I've never heard anyone compare Rothfuss to Heinlein, at least not till now! But anyway I'm on a Nancy Drew break after having finished 25% of Day 1 of Kvothe's story!

Last edited by alansplace; 05-09-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: clarification
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote