Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #120
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
My avatar feels positively ancient compared to all these new-fangled ones popping up in the other most recent posts in this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
How would this be for a plan for 2012? Follow up The Iliad with The Odyssey and The Aeneid, and then wrap things up with Ulysses? Do one book every three months, so it's not too onerous.

This is about 95% tongue in cheek, but if there was a groundswell in favor, I'd be on board.
issybird of the pensive avatar, I swear one of us must have unrealised ESP. I kid you not, I was thinking how nice it would be if a group of us tackled a famous difficult classic every so often together like we're doing with the Iliad, and for the last few days have been pondering suggesting that perhaps we could do it on a seasonal timeline at least for 2012 if there's interest, i.e. one every three months. I didn't have any particular books in mind, but I like your suggestions.

Anyway, you can take all that to say, of course I'm for it for 2012 if others are. And if they're not, well I'll be (hopefully) reading two of the four this year regardless.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote