View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 04:23 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Err, I have my choice of dictionaries on my Sony PRS 650. I presume they are using ePub since I can check words in ePub files.
But those dictionaries are not ePub books - they are custom dictionaries created by the reader manufacturer and incorporated into the device's firmware. You can't buy a new dictionary for your Sony in an ePub bookstore; there's no specification of "how to write a dictionary" in the ePub standard.

With Mobi, dictionaries are a part of the format specification. If you want a Russian dictionary for your Kindle, you can buy one in the Kindle bookstore and install it on your Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote