View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 02:41 AM   #3
Tazling
Tazling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Marvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Welcome to MR!

It's really good that you enjoy Marvin - as I do. Kris, the developer, hasn't been very active on here (that we know of) so it may be a while before he responds... The last response was a couple years ago...

As far as your requests:
"Perhaps another level of grouping higher than Author" - you can add your books to "collections" - just long or hard tap on the book in your library then select 'Organize in collections'.

"the ability to fix metadata booboos right in Marvin" - just long or hard tap on the book in your library then select 'Metadata and cover'. This allows you to change the info in Marvin... you would still need to somehow transfer it back to your library management program.

"The ability to fix annoying typos while reading" - absolutely 100% agree here. The work-around I have been using is to highlight the offending word/passage and highlight it. Then you can send the annotations by long or hard tap on the book in your library then select 'Share or send'. This is definitely not perfect, but it helps.
WOW! more than half of what I dream of is already implemented, I just didn't know how to find it :-). (who reads manuals, after all?)

I will explore Collections right away!

It's a little worrying that the dev has been off the radar for so long ... please tell me Marvin is not becoming an orphan!
Tazling is offline   Reply With Quote