View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #25
Matt_Black
Matt_Black began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Very helpful info, thanks Geoff.

I was able to check my Sister's Kobo tonight, which is the same as mine, including software version and date. I can't download on that one either anymore. An interesting difference being that hers was last synced on May 2, 2014 - well before the download failures began, so I'm satisfied that the Kobos haven't been altered by a sync.

Dropbox have apparently altered the link format they present for their Download button, and it's just a coincidence that the other file sharing sites I tried use the same formatting as Dropbox does now.

It's unfortunate but I'll have to find a work-around, because my other family members who depend on this feature are not as computer savvy as me, hence my reluctance to rely on hacks. I've hacked my Kobo a couple of times just out of curiosity, but I can't expect the others to do the same. I'll think of something...

Whatever I do has to be easy and quick like the Dropbox solution - no login's required, navigation directly to the page of book links, download and read. Maybe I'll produce my own web page with direct links, then just alter the page for new books as they arise. That should work.

Thanks again.
Matt
Matt_Black is offline   Reply With Quote