View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #9
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You're better off IMHO not using Kindle Create at all.

KC is a tool with no other real purpose than to lock you into Amazon and prevent you from selling your books elsewhere. In time, it hopes to control the market so absolutely that it can return us to the 35 percent royalty it paid before Apple began selling ebooks.

Best of all, of course, is to get down & dirty with the html. I upload books in the epub format, which works everywhere, including the KDP.

It may be that Amazon no longer provides any tool other than Kindle Create for building a fixed-format book. I don't know; I've also always avoided fixed format because of the very problem you have encountered, that few e-readers support it.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote