View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I thought the max dimensions on the Sony ebook readers were 584 width x 754 height.

I got this from page 4 of the Sony recommended pdf size.
Those could be the recommended screensize for readable text, with a small border of 2x8 pix horizontal and a 2x23pix vertical border.

Though I prefer text without border, since it takes up screen space, and you already have a border around the screen. (I mean it's not like we can make annotations on these devices or so).

when I load a pdf,with this info, and zoom on text width, I notice that the left,top and right border are the same size.
So let's assume you have a border of 8pix left,up and right of the text.
This leaves a border of 38 on the bottom.
take 13 pix of the bottom border since it seems a little larger than the others, and you'll have a bar on the bottom of about 25 pix.

in other words it could be that images with a size of 775x600 are displayed exactly the same as 800x600.
In order to figure that out I can try to see if I see any difference between the quality of 800x600 and 775x600.
Obviously 775x600 will be more stretched looking.

However I had preferred if someone knew by playing around with the internal software what the exact resolutions are.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote