View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
EBooks/FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME/{year} - BookTiltle{year}/BookTitle{year}.extension
Any series I would create manually as:
EBooks/FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME/{year-year} - SeriesTitle{year-year}/{year} - BookTitle{year}/BookTitle{year}.extension
Any book(s) with multiple authors would be stored in:
EBooks/VARIOUS.AUTHORS/{year} - BookTitle{year}/BookTitle{year}.extension
That's it, books are sorted chronologically by author. Could you point me to a good tutorial for save templates so I can attack ?
I think that this is possible to do in template language.

If you have the books named this way, it should be possible to create a script that will make one long filename from your complicated path and then you can configure Calibre to extract metadata from the long file name when you drag and drop the file into Calibre.
The script would have to be made using some external tool. (I use Krusader file manager in Linux for similar task)

The configuration dialog lists all the variables and there is also Template editor that has staggering number of additional options.

I personally am using following template
{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>3s|| - }{title} - {authors}

The {series_index:0>3s|| - } means:
If there is no series, there is no series_index. In that case there is no string added before title. But if there *is* series, it will be left padded with zeros, like this: 001 or 075 followed by ' - '
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote