Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #81
slothful
Confused N00b
slothful began at the beginning.

Device: none
Intentional...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You say "For example" but don't actually supply the example for Kiwidude to use to investigate further.
I was thinking of sending him a pm with, because it's not appropriate. ;p (One of the adult content ebooks; they all seem to be the worst offenders.)

I'm not knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot plugins, but I did look at the zip file; I know the first xpath is matching exactly, ie, this:
<div id="search-results-1" data-bn-widget-name="search-results" class="list search-results"><ol class="result-set box" data-bntrack="Search Results list" data-bntrack-root="true" data-bntrack-pageaware="true">

<li class="result box has-badge" id="search-result0" data-bntrack="1">

But, I couldn't follow beyond that, with my limited knowledge.

Further messing around shows, if there's a valid ISBN, but no 'author', it fails, which is irritating. (Ie, author = "Unknown" or blank...)

All of the problem ones are, again, adult, so have only the BN ID (which is fine for me in my filename as an ISBN), but the plugin doesn't see the results as valid.

Okay, here's a somewhat crude, but hopefully appropriate, example:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?stor...e+Dave+Praeger

That returns a valid result. But, plugin say, me no give you love!
calibre, version 1.2.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Dave Praeger', u'Paul Provenza (foreword By)'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Poop Culture: How America Is Shaped by Its Grossest National Product'}
Using plugins: Barnes & Noble
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Barnes & Noble ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110814 Firefox/6.0')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 4.95199990273
Querying: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?stor...e+Dave+Praeger
No matches found with query: u'http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?store=book&keyword=Poop+Culture+Dave+Praeger'

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 5.00 seconds
The longest time (4.952000) was taken by: Barnes & Noble
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

You can see that the exact query as printed returns 2 results, for that one. For pretty much everything else, there's just one result, so not even a need to figure out what's valid. I'm sorry I can't be more help. And it's not that big of a deal, I guess, since I only have 10 more left to search on by hand now, just disappointed because the B&N plugin seems like it would have been perfect to fill in the metadata. (All of these have the ISBN empty, and ISBN Extract bombs on them, so I wanted to avoid doing exactly what I'm doing, which is cutting and pasting each ISBN off B&N's site! )
slothful is offline   Reply With Quote