View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #103
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
RTL support and French dictionary lookup issue

After the 3.4 firmware update I tested support for Arabic and Hebrew. While Hebrew text with and without diacritics works fine, only Arabic text without diacritics is displayed correctly and for some reason I wasn't able to select the Publisher Font option. I.e. it seems that it's not possible to select embedded Hebrew or Arabic fonts.

They also fixed the annoying French dictionary lookup bug, that made it impossible to look up words that started with a single letter followed by an apostrophe and the actual word. E.g. "l'honneur."

Edit: After further tests I found out that Arabic diacritics work in Fixed Layout mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	92202  

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-14-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote