View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
My Capitol One card doesn't charge a fee, just the exchange rate. My TD visa Infinite card also charges only the exchange rate; that's for online transactions...certain products can get charged duty when shipped however ebooks only cost me the exchange which has been minimal for some time now.
Wow you are getting quite a deal.

AFAIK Visa itself (and Mastercard) sets the fee (sometimes called premium)at 2.5% and it is lumped in with exchange rate on the statement and not on a seperate line by itself, making the exchange on a $10 item 35 cents instead of under 10 cents typically if the exchange rate is 1%.

So lucky you if your card issuers have managed to get around this. Mine, TD MC, CIBC Visa, Capital One Platinum MC, Presidents Choice MC, etc. haven't as yet, according to my statements when I check on the exchange rate on the day of a USD purchase. Oh well.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote