Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #391
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Hyphenation in French?

First of all, thank you and big karma to ixtab!! I nearly shed tears of joy when I first saw my Kindle displaying correct justification and hyphenation.

I have managed to get hyphenation working perfectly in English and Dutch books. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get it working in French yet.

Has anyone managed to get French hyphenation working?

My books are in mobi6 format (not KF8), and I have double-checked to be sure the language is identified correctly (French - Standard).

In the JBPatch log file, I do see the following lines:

I: Loading Hyphenations for language ID 1036 (fr)
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Character: method valueOf(C)Ljava/lang/Character; not found

Sorry, my Java skills are non-existent... If anyone has a clue how to get this working, I would be very appreciative!
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote