View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilleydog View Post
The main reason is that you can edit at the Main Gui page instead of opening each book entry up to add the ISBN. Currently I have a couple of thousand PDF files imported for which I have the ISBN numbers in an excel spreadsheet. I can sort the files in Calibre by their series type and would be able to add the isbn much quicker than opening each record. Its still time consuming but it goes faster than opening each record. I tried to update the metadata.db using sql queries but calibre wouldn't read it afterwords. It was a good thing I made a copy before starting.
When I perform big, bulk add's, I then select the "new" group in the the GUI,
Right click the grouping and select "Edit Meta-Data Individually"
That presents the Edit window for each book in the list, sequentially.
Fill in the datas and click OK

The next title appears.. Repeat until done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote