View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtiney View Post
I knew I had to be forgetting something important, hah; sorry! I'm using "Reader Library" since it was what was the default. If there's something better, I'd definitely consider that as a way to solve this annoyance.
When I was using the Sony Reader Library (SRL) I used collections to manage the ebooks on my ereader. I created collections, put ebooks in them, and set the SRL to sync those collections to my ereader. Only ebooks in those collections would appear on my ereader. The only time I would get a duplicate ebook is if I set the same ebook in two different collections and sync one collection to my ereader's internal memory card and the other collection to an SD card in my ereader.

As far as a better ebook management program for my Sony Ereader, one I've started using is Calibre and I've found it to be much better than the SRL. It has many features that the SRL doesn't have (such as the ability to edit an ebook's metadata after it is loaded in the library). For me, one of its best features is that you can send ebooks to your ereader (which works much better than the SRL options of dragging and dropping the ebooks on your ereader, or synching the ebooks to your ereader). For information on it, see MobileRead's Calibre forum.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote