Thread: Calibre and CC
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
In wireless Calibre determines what must be sent. In server mode, the transfer requests come from Calibre Companion.This can be a firewall problem.
Calibre must be able to allow network access.
Every so often, Calibre Companion(?) says that it need the pwd for access (to the Calibre library); I use the wireless mode. I think it depends on how much time had passed since the last time I used Calibre or CC; if it was a day, then no "pwd" needed.

For the password, I just enter my win 10 login pwd as I had believed that it is the a windows "security" check for access to the partition/drive.

No password was required until a windows security update happened! Or it was the CC change over to the new regime.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote