View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #16
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by giotti View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. The resulting procedure could work to add books to the main library, but it would require to many steps in my opinion. Moreover, it would not solve the problem of directly moving the books to the ereader.

I see that CC is not suitable to do what I like. That would need something like calibre itself on my android phone which is not existing so far.
I think you're a KOReader user (at least on the ereader). KO has a CC like wireless client and supports calibre OPDS server too.

It also has a plugin to sync books between KO devices wirelessly (they need to be connected to the same network).

So, even if you don't use KOReader on your android device to read books, you can open the document you want in KO and publish it. On the ereader you click to subscribe and the book will be delivered to your ereader wirelessly.

In the case the book is in calibre you don't need that, as you can fetch the book over the internet using the OPDS client (your calibre server needs to be available for WAN) or in LAN using one of the two methods.

Finally, for ebooks stored in content providers like Dropbox, GDrive or OneDrive, you can import content on KO filemanager ( + -> import content here -> select the book(s) from the content provider) and publish them again. Content providers are available from Android 5, so that won't work on very legacy devices running ICS.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote