View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #25
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I don't really care about the SD card slot, but I do think that "defiled" is a pretty strange word to use. Like the Lumia is a holy relic and the slot an unclean leper.
Ouch, I almost totally agree with you there. "Defiled" is definitely a very strange word to use in regards to a phone's appearance.

I do care about an SD slot and replaceable battery, but that is just me. However, if all slots are eliminated that phone is definitely going to have very limited sales, because a SIM slot is required in most of the world. I tend to change carriers and pre-pay plans occasionally since I do not do contracts. That means that I need to change SIMs every time I do, so no slots at all is a definite no-go. I also know folks that have multiple devices for various occasions, so they just move the current SIM from phone to phone in their collection. To me, that means that once a means is found to include a SIM card in the design then including a micro SD slot is very simple to include as well.

IMHO, a missing micro SD slot is just an indication of sloppy design work and a means of cheapening the production cost of the device.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote