Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #86
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
nila--I am sure plugin development will continue with the new firmware update. Just give the folks who are doing this a bit of time to look around with the current firmware.

There was a huge outcry AGAINST the carousel on the bottom. It went on and on. It now takes three taps to get to the shortlist: library==> shelves==>shortlist. I don't actually find it all that onerous, and I love the clean look of the home screen. Different strokes.

If you have the special picture in the first five choices of Reading (the things that appear in the home screen mosaic), it can launch from there. I seldom have more than two or three books on the go, so I think that is what I would do.
Outcry is an understatement. Outrage is more appropriate. Personally I never understood the fuss. But like they say, you can't please everybody and there will always be some who'll complain no matter what you do. The home screen is definitely much cleaner. I just found this weighting thing for the fonts that I've seen mentioned and that's definitely a nice touch.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote