View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoc View Post
And where is Screen Filter?
As for Quick Syst4em pro: when I touch the App under QSP I get "Manage, Launch or Details. Does that mean it's off, for example? What in this App actually shows the running apps that need to be shut off?

kdoc

I think Screen Filter is an App you have to download and install.

The Apps Tab is for managing Apps (e.g. Uninstalling, clearing cache, clearing defaults).

You are concerned with Processes. In Quick System Info Pro, you should see a tab that says Processes. Open the Processes Tab. When you see a process eating up memory (e.g. Dolphin Browser, Opera Mini Browser) you can touch the App process and End Task. Do not Force Stop. Again, only end those processes you know are safe to close. These will usually App which you have opened and remain in memory even after you "close" them by returning to the carousel. They don't use CPU power, but remain in memory so if you launch the App again it goes back to where it was when you exited. This is similar to the hibernate function in a computer.

Another thing that starts to slow down your tablet over time is that many Apps you install like to impose their will and "open" at tablet startup. These can eat up a lot of memory as well. I recommend everyone download an App called Startup Cleaner 2.0. It is a free App and you can use it to control the Apps you want to launch at startup and those you do not. Download it here:

http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...tartup2_v2.1.0

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 03:45 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote