View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
RadioMan52
RadioMan52 began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
Augen "The Book" is a Orphan

After talking with a few "in the know" mass marketing individuals it looks like Augen TB will no longer be considered for mass distribution and unfortunately will go into orphan status.
It looks like we will no longer see any additional fixes or additions to this device, a shame as it has better bones then many of its competitors or even the upcoming so called replacements.
The word from the experts is that the $100 price range Android touch screen devices have arrived to be lunched for the Xmas season.
It looks like the China built Android 7 inch or larger tablets will be the supported devices since even in "factory trim" they have working and easily configured WiFi and come equipped with many free e-book and PDF readers, kindle like . The resistive touch screens (not as good as the expensive capacitive ones) but easily workable are better then the TB’s joystick.
Picked one up (took 12 days for delivery HK-FL) this puppy (FlyTouch) can be flashed with at least three different Android flavors as well as Windows CE, went through two and even and the CE, with the support groups rehashes the tablet flies.
Many variants are availabel.

I still love my two TB's got them at a rock bottom price and I will keep the running for as long as I can.
RadioMan52 is offline   Reply With Quote