View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #73
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Depends where you're doing your detection, doesn't it? I was under the impression that the law is going to require monitoring by the ISPs themselves. If they are monitoring the traffic within their own systems, is spoofing an issue? They know which user an IP packet is being delivered to, don't they? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that spoofing only affected logging at the "transmission" end of the connection as to which IP address it "thinks" it's talking to.
It can also spoof where the data packet has apparently come from - it's used in DDoS attacks to that end.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote