View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #27060
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for the good wishes, all! So far it's been a very pleasant day! Took some photos around the Old City's moat and wall, ate an ice cream sundae, read for two hours... I even discovered an archery center that has recently opened here, went and rented a bow for an hour... Good fun! I haven't shot in a long time, but it was my preferred hunting weapon when I lived in New England and went after deer. Now drinking a late afternoon mug of Assam tea and putting a new set of strings on my guitar. Then in a few hours, my wife is taking me out to dinner; the choice of restaurants is entirely mine. Of course, so is paying the check, but somehow this qualifies as 'her taking me' out to dinner... Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
With regard to short pants, my folks made me wear them every summer until I was 10. After that, they gave me a choice. I have not worn short pants since. Not once.
Could have been worse... My grandparents made my father and his brother wear 'sailor suits' to school... They lived in a very rough neighborhood at the time, and my uncle and father learned how to fight (and win) at a very early age...

I haven't put on a pair of long pants in the past six months. Not once! Might have to tonight though... Seems to be getting chilly, and we'll be out late.

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-18-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote