View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #377
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Incidentally, any shelves you opened are shown as boxes on the 2.4.1 home screen. I use those all the time, versus the old "hit Library, hit Bookshelves in that menu, swipe to the shelf I want, hit that shelf, select book" method. Now it's "select shelf showing in home screen, select book".
I am aware of that, but it is of little use to me as I said. I rarely read the same series twice in a row, and read 5 0r 6 books a week so by the time I want to go back to a series it is usually replaced.

This feature might be useful to me if you could chose the shelves to have on he home screen, but AFAIK you can't and it seems hit or miss as to what t decides to replace.

I had stopped reading one book and thought that it or it's shelf would remain o the home screen for a bit so I could easily go back to it, but both were replaced two books later. Not a big deal as I could easily fnd it in the book list or by search or less easily by opening the shelf menu, but I just don't see the point of this random behavior in an ebook reader. I could almost assume it is Kobo's way of saying see we can open shelves just as quickly as other ereaders can open collections, we just chose not to.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote