View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
My experience with a 2Gb Sandisk SD card on my 500 (I've since upgraded to a 505) was that the rate of power drain seemed to depend on how close the card was to being full. With it about half full, there was a modest drain compared to no card. With it 95% full, the drain was incredibly fast. But, this is still just anecdotal and therefore not particularly useful information. It would be nice to have real data (actual power drain times for different amounts of data on a card). Because that data isn't available, I keep my SD card tucked away for only occasional use (to read the 40+ Mb PDFs I have that essentially require the use of an SD card).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote