View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have we really devalued eBooks so much? $12.99 is £8.06, which is pretty much equal to the common UK price of £7.99 for a paperback. I'm happy to pay this for a decent book.
Harry, the price may well be the "same" in British pounds, but not in U.S. dollars. More importantly, it isn't a question of devaluing ebooks but of saying that (a) this particular Ben Bova novel isn't worth more than the other Ben Bova novels and (b) that to me this book is overpriced.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds, if not thousands of well-written, captivating ebooks, written by authors who lack the reputation of Bova but put together as well-written a story, but sell for $2.99 or less -- often free. Consequently, to set a price of $12.99 for a Bova story will certainly attract Bova fans, but doesn't stimulate me to buy the book. I like Bova and would consider buying it at $7.99 because in the marketplace, that is all I think it is worth.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote