Thread: Forum policies
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is no policy not to answer a question based on location that I know of. However, I do try and tailer my answers based on the user location sometimes. It just makes it much easier to answer than saying: if you live here the answer is but if you live here the answer is ... For example I seldom recommend the Kindle as a solution to folks that live in Greece.

Dale
Check this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20028

Where people are saying things like:

Quote:
Please note, Jon, that BarnOwl is in the Netherlands. I don't know if that country has yet implemented the EU Copyright Directive in its laws, as the UK has, but, if it has, then removing DRM from a LIT file will be illegal for him, as it is for me. We must certainly not encourage people to break the law!
What we want to try to do if we can is to not post a reply to someone who we know lives in a country where using such tools are illegal. I know it won't be possible to do this 100% as not everyone puts in the location. So we can only try to do what's right. But if someone from a country that removing the DRM is illegal and does it, it's not our fault.

But since I have seen many people answering questions with "ConvertLit" even if the questioner is from UK or Germany I have a hard time to believe this is a policy.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote