View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Tuna
Zealot
Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tuna has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
"News Corp. will throw its support to Sony’s 3G wireless eReader, which is set to ship for the holiday season. "

He's declaring a Sony model superior to Kindle that doesn't even exist yet? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sony press conference didn't have a working model of this reader to see how the screen would handle newspapers?

Or is it the monetary deal that is superior?
Well, what do you think? Is he known for his business empire or his excellent in detail reviews of technological devices?

I would expect that he would have had some indication of the planned 'user experience', and might even have seen a prototype by now, but the foremost concern will have been the publishing deal and the market reach of the device. As Amazon have failed to reach far beyond the US, the Sony is already compelling for targeting a worldwide audience.

Sony have also shown a (quite uncharacteristic) attitude to open formats that appears to have put the Amazon model on the back foot. In the long term that's going to have a big impact on the success of the respective readers.
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote