View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #41
Kretzer
out of depth
Kretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad2, iPhone 5, Kindle3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Am i the only person who has no interest in social reading networks?

I wouldn't mind a good recommendation site, but bookish bombed out on the few books I entered looking for like books. Not very useful, at least to me.
No, I also consider myself a quite antisocial reader

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I don't really care much what *most people* say about a book. Discussing some books with some people is a good thing, but a majority vote doesn't help me much.
I never felt the need to share bookmarks and note on my kindle either.

The bookish site did work for me (Safari on OSX 10.6.8) and looked pretty enough, but I lost patience with it after a few minutes. I found it hard to figure what the point of the site was and annoying that they did not bother to tell me. The "about us" menu is well hidden at the bottom of the page. Obviously it is meant to be something like goodreads but only with the books of their publishers? Or did I get that wrong?

Last edited by Kretzer; 02-08-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: forgot the "not" in "did not bother"
Kretzer is offline   Reply With Quote