View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
So you all are discussing "some tactlessness" on her part from 9 months ago when she was concerned that her livelihood was threatened, and she subsequently requested (and was granted) that the promotional CDs get pulled from some websites, and publicly deciding to individually boycott her works.
I've only seen a couple people mention anything about a boycot of any kind. I think most of us were just curious about the whole situation more than anything else. I didn't like the way she kept calling the Joe/5th Imperium "The Pirate", but all it did was make me shake my head a bit.

Quote:
Maybe we should open a thread of "authors who did something or said something I didn't like" so everyone can get in on the action of suggesting we not read specific authors because of something they said instead of whether their work is any good.
If you start it, they will come. People make all kinds of decisions everyday based on things others might consider trivial or silly or whatever.

I haven't been able to read an Anne Perry book (although I do have a few) because her name always brings to mind the brutal murder she commited with a friend when she was 15. Much more serious than calling someone a pirate yes, but I've gotten crap for it from a few people.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote