View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Resolved: Is there a tool to see the contents of an embedded font file (ttf)?

I have a problem. I'm working on turning a book into an epub file, but I need to embed the italic font, since the standard font in at least my ebook reader doesn't include the symbols I need.

Certain words - probably about thirty - are written in pinyin, which is a way to represent a tonal language like Mandarin with western letters including accented vowels. Some of the accents are not your standard grave and acute of french, and, as I say, aren't included in the font in my reader.

So I want to embed the italic font, but I'd like to know that the file really includes the accented letters I'm after. Is there any tool which will show the characters in the font file?

TIA

Last edited by James_Wilde; 09-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote