Thread: iPad Mini 6
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #6
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I'm possibly the only person who cares about this, but I like the larger bottom bezel on the mini 5. Same goes for my Kindle Oasis 3. I need a larger surface area on which to place my fat thumb so I don't accidentally activate things on the screen. I have quite an issue with accidental screen touches on my iPad Air 2020 because of the small bezels, and gets very aggravating at times. With my mini 5 in an Otterbox Defender case I have a large enough surface area to comfortably grip and hold it without touching the screen. I'm sure it is an "old guy" thing, where as we age it becomes more difficult to hold things like pencils. I was happy when Amazon finally listened to complaints and released their Oasis model which made holding and reading on a Kindle so much easier.

I also much prefer the older style mini 5 Home button to whatever they call the side button on the Air 4. But FaceID is the best, so maybe the mini 7 will finally go to that.

As far as ports, holy crap my Apple devices are all over the darn place! No USB-C, mini, or micro on either of my old Macs, they only have USB-A. My iPhone 13 Pro Max and mini 5 still use the Lightning port. My air 4 uses the USB-C port. I'm still stuck in proprietary port hell with many of my Apple devices!

Last edited by OtinG; 03-23-2022 at 10:49 AM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote