View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #30
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
[...]
How would you feel if you saw someone continually twisting the knife about something which you work on, and are possibly trying to resolve, or perhaps cannot due to other extenuating factors, but still the twisting continues.

It'd be somewhat melodramatic to say it's soul destroying, but it certainly isn't pleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Yes, that would be a terrible thing, the big bad consumers constantly reminding you that you need to get all your crap in one sock, seeing as how your company expected them to pay for the entire product, not just the parts you'd managed to get right. Much better to screw around until they get really annoyed and start voting with their wallets, in the negative. How about a new policy, when you only get 75% of your job right, you only get 75% of your pay?

Here's a wild thought, fix the darned issues -preferably before firmware releases. [...etc]
TechniSol! I am shocked!! Sharkus tells us how he feels (and I quite understand how heart-wrenching it must be to get constantly verbally attacked while you're doing your best) and you go and be mean again! And in this thread of all threads, where people have been asked to be nice! I understand you are frustrated and that you feel ignored perhaps, and that you just want problems to get solved. And I also understand you have the feeling that you'd organise things differently were you a Kobo employee. We all understand that. But we've also all read your thoughts before and we know you're not satisfied... there is no need to get sarcastic (again). Who knows what's going on internally at Kobo? Who knows why they push firmware updates that still have bugs in? There might be reasons that we cannot guess and that Kobo employees are not free to share with us. And that must be difficult for them too, because we also all know they are actually really kind and generous people trying to get things fixed for us. They're on this forum for crying out loud!

As for non-Kobo employees, how fun do you think it is for the regulars who enjoy helping people with problems to sift through all the repetitive sarcasm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Well, gee, thanks for pointing out to me which posts I should, and should not reply to... Whatever would I do without your gentle guidance?
....and I'm out.
… it's pushing people away! And meeera was actually being really, really understanding. More understanding than I am at the moment. And remember taming? No? Well, there you go.

I am also shocked by the harsh discussion that has started in this thread. Maybe people need a reminder about what this thread was for. Here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
1st off I’ll say that I have no problem with people bringing up problems/issues with Kobo and/or sharing their views and debating positives and negatives about Kobo devices and the firmware on them. That’s all good and healthy and what these forums are about.

What I would like people to think about however, is what purpose adding a post that is strictly a dig at Kobo (i.e. where the ONLY thing in the post is something like “… Kobo just keeps adding new bugs when they kill others” or “… good thing Kobo does thorough testing – not!”) serves when it adds nothing to the thread involved. Yes, we get it, you’re ticked off with Kobo (and with good reason in some cases). We don’t need to re-read that in thread after thread. It serves no purpose. And for some reason over the last few months this is getting more prevalent. You are driving regulars who come here and like to help others solve their problems away from this forum. All I ask is that you think about what purpose you hope to gain before you post something like this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and hopefully thinking about it.

Robert
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote