Thread: Import cover
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSGOD View Post
How do I get covers to show in the Mobipocket Reader Desktop 6.2 Beta. I have a few .prc format BAEN e-books that show in this reader with cover images in the .prc. But, the covers do not show in the Reader library. I have downloaded images of the covers. I have converted images to .gif format. I placed the images in the Covers folder and in the Covers/Bookshelf folder both by the original ISPN number name and by book title. But, the covers still do not show on the Mobipocket Library shelf. I get the default image for every book. I can not find help for this problem on the Mobipocket web-site. What can I do to get the covers to show in the Library bookshelf?
If you make the .PRC file yourself using "Mobipocket Creator" (free download here) then you can add a cover image to the file at the second page of Mobipocket Creator (i.e. after you have "imported" the file). There is a frame on the right with a drop down menu under "View". One of the options is "Cover Image". Format can be JPEG, GIF, PNG or BMP.

Books downloaded from Baen can be downloaded again in any of their formats, e.g. HTML, so you could add their book's image or one of your own.

Unfortunately if you have a DRMed .PRC with no image, you're out of luck.

This works for .PRC files read with "Mobipocket Reader" on a PC as well as on my Palm TX. Don'y have my Gen 3 yet so I'm not sure about that. Hope this helps some.

Last edited by slayda; 01-13-2008 at 10:23 AM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote