View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknskip View Post
I have set-up the server, as you suggested, and when I do the server test I get a browser screen directed to an ip address and port. When I try the browser on my wife's Mac or iPad, using the same ip and port, I get the message that the server cannot be contacted. I know that this port is open as I use it for Skype every day. I must have something set wrong, can you offer any thoughts? I have a D-Link wired/wireless router. My Kubuntu is wired and the Mac and iPad are wireless. Skype works on my wife's Mac so I assume she can reach the open port.
This is an All in one AP/wired router (both are on the same subnet)?
192.168.x.y address format where X is the same on all involved devices (and Y is unique ).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote