View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #2320
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Working my way through the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I must say, I really like the narrator (Davina Porter). Just started book 5, so still got plenty of time to go
I've only listened to one book read by Davina Porter, Villette, and I thought she was excellent. People always cite her, but she doesn't pop up on my TBL as frequently as others.

I'm listening to The Prime Minister by Trollope read by Simon Vance. I lurve Simon Vance, but in this case I'd heard the first four books in this series as read by Timothy West and it's been a tough adjustment. The voices in my head are West's and while it's slightly heretical, I prefer them. That's in part, of course, because I heard West first and also in part because Vance is second on my list of most listened to and there are only so many voices! But to show that it really is mostly just happenstance, Vance remains my favorite Dickens reader.

I wish Timothy West had more books; he's really wonderful.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote