Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #138
hippocratesnoah
Enthusiast
hippocratesnoah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
What install is failing ?
the uninstall package or the Amazon 2.3 firmware?

If it was the wrong type of install (say k2 instead of dx), the "Update" menu entry would be greyed out. So it can't be that.

If the Amazon 2.3 firmware is failing your issue is elsewhere than with the usbnetwork hack ; you must have modified a system file somewhere ...
Hi,

the uninstall.bin file for the usbnetwork hack is failing this time. Since version 0.7 of the uninstall.bin for the usbnetwork hack worked I thought maybe this time the uninstall.bin itself is somehow corrupted, too.

edit2: since 0.9 and 0.8 are signed packages, would these work with firmware version 2.1.1? If not this would explain why I can't apply the uninstall usbnetwork bin file.

Just for the record: If I try to install the usbnetwork hack (version 0.9) in order to properly uninstall it even wouldn't let me install the hack. Again: "update was not successful".

As for the 2.3 update:

I had two hacks installed:
screensaver hack
usbntwork hack

I used the uninstaller bin files for both.
It worked for so many other people. Why not for me?

edit:
The only thing I remember I did once was to format the kindle in fat32. I did some resets to factory defaults since than. I couldn't imagine how this would alter system files.

Last edited by hippocratesnoah; 11-26-2009 at 06:49 PM.